Thyroid Biopsy Results Here

>> 6/2/09

Yesterday, I finally received my thyroid biopsy results. The doctor has only had them since MAY 20TH. Nice of her to hang onto them so long while ignoring my phone calls and emails asking for the results.

Anyway, the results for cancer are negative so the cells they took from my thyroid were not cancerous. From what another doctor told me, biopsies aren't accurate because they only take a small amount of cells out of many, many cells so they could be missing it, but it is a relief anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

I am going through it with my thyroid too. I have a lot of nodules and the results came back clear for the right side - but the left side...they gave 10-15 percent being or becoming cancerous. Hello? Not good enough. I guess they didn't even biopsy my actual gland, only some nodules. I'm like amazed at how much that does not make sense. Come one - really? Anyway, my doctor agrees and we're in the process of me having surgery so they can test the thyroid for cancer. But everyone really needs to be the master of there own health - we're really just a file. We know so much more. It's up to us to get the right things we need from our doctors.

Bill1138 March 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

Just had a nodule biopsy yesterday at University of Michigan Hospital. They had two pathologists in the procedure room making slides as they took the samples and preliminary results are that they look benign. I still have to wait for the final verdict, probably a couple days. My problem is the opposite of yours, my thyroid is overactive. Looked up your blog on Blog Catalog. Thanks for posting about your experience.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP