Latest Doctor Appointment - August 6, 2010

>> 8/7/10

My doctor's appointment went great!  My doctor put me on a straight T3 to fix the reverse T3 problem.  This is what I've been wanting to happen so I was happy.  I now take 20 mcg of compounded T3 twice a day and then 75mcg of T4 once a day.  I have to follow up with the doctor in a couple weeks with new morning temperatures and to discuss an adjustment to the T3 dose.  He expects this straight T3 to reduce my reverse T3 numbers by half. 

Here is what else happened:

  • He wants me to do an IV test for metals.  I am waiting for the IV nurse to get back with me to discuss scheduling this test.  It involves Calcium EDTA and DMPS IV.  I HATE IV's.  Really.  I hate them.  This won't be a fun test for me.
  • I did gain a pound since my last appointment in June (bummer). 
  • Doctor increased my vitamin D supplement dose.
  • I also spoke with the doctor about my hands shaking for years now.  He thought it might be my Advair asthma inhaler.  He said it's not meant to be used as long as I've used it and he gave me a Flovent disk inhaler to try instead. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP