Reduced my T3, Not Good

>> 11/3/11

A few months ago, my thyroid doctor reduced my T3 medication by 20mcg per day.  Let me tell you what a HUGE difference it made - negatively.

Prior to the reduction, I felt great, weight was awesome, periods were right on time and not painful, my memory was great, I wasn't losing abnormal amounts of hair.  (So, why did the doc want to reduce it?  He thought my T3 was high - I think it was lab error myself because I had no symptoms of excessive T3 and felt the best I'd felt since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis).

After he reduced it, my hair started falling out - again, my weight increased - again, my memory loss came back - again, and my periods were late and whacked. I went through two bad periods before I said to heck with it and increased my own dose back to what it was (they come in 5mcg pills so it's easy to do).

So, my current thyroid doses are:

  • Synthroid (T4) 75 mcg
  • Liothyronine (T3) - 45mcg, twice a day
I absolutely need that T3 at the higher dose.  I have a Reverse T3 problem. I finally felt great...and then it all went to heck.  Now I wait for it all to get back to what it was before.  My problem now is the memory lapses while trying to get back to how I felt before - - I keep forgetting to take my medicine! 




0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP