Thyroid Ultrasound Results

>> 5/12/09

I finally connected with the nurse at my doctor's to talk about my thyroid ultrasound results. I've always had multiple nodules on my thyroid that were cystic since developing thyroid disease eight years ago. However, the ultrasound showed that I have several solid nodules now (three to be exact). When I asked her if I should be worried about them being solid, she said, "Well, it's not normal that they're solid."

Alrighty then. I looked it up online and the risk of cancer increases a bit for solid nodules vs. cystic nodules.

She is going to schedule a biopsy at the hospital for me. Something to look forward to eh? It's a little creepy thinking about it.

If you'd like to read up on thyroid nodules, here is some interesting reading.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP