Iodine, Celtic Sea Salt & Fluoride

>> 9/15/09

I have taken the next step to helping myself. A thyroid needs iodine in order to function properly. I've also read that there may be a link between breast cancer and being iodine deficient as well as iodine being used in the treatment of breast cancer. It's very interesting reading and one I am going to look into more.

We don't get what we need from table salt as it is refined. I've also read by some that it is considered toxic.

Another problem that I've read concerning iodine is about fluoride and how our bodies can confuse fluoride with iodine, displacing it in our body. Fluoride is in a lot of water, toothpaste, dental treatments, and my children's school even gives fluoride treatments once a week to the students (they call it "swish"). If fluoride is doing this, it can lead to thyroid problems. According to PFPC, fluoride poisoning symptoms are very similar to those of hypothyroidism.

I am going to start supplementing with iodine, to see if it improves some of the symptoms of my hypothyroidism, goiter, and nodules. I ordered the Iodoral (iodine) and some celtic sea salt. I've replaced my toothpaste with a fluoride-free toothpaste (and studies are starting to show that fluoride isn't preventing cavities the way it is touted to so at this point, I'm ok with going fluoride-free to see if I start to feel better). Luckily, where we moved to, our water is already fluoride-free so I don't need to worry about the water supply.

I'll do this for a bit and see if I start to feel better. I'll start slow and at the lowest dose. Then, I'll go visit my friendly medical personnel in lab coats and see if any of my lab levels have improved.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP