When Doctors Can't Help, Teen Diagnoses Herself!

>> 9/10/09

I just read about this story on Suzanne Somers' blog.

After years of doctors missing the diagnosis for one teen girl, she ended up getting proactive and getting a diagnosis for herself. Doctors said over the years: Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Colitis. Ends up it was Crohn's Disease. Read more about this teen's story here.

It goes to show that doctors aren't always right. Knowing your body and not ignoring that feeling that something isn't right is important! Be proactive in your health care. I've not been lucky in finding a doctor who appreciates that I won't just go along with whatever they want anymore (like I did for eight, miserable years with thyroid disease). In fact, I can think of a family doctor and endocrinologist who are unhappy with me at the moment. Oh well. I'm not very happy with them either!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP