Nail Care with Thyroid Problems

>> 11/17/09

If your nails are brittle, it could be a sign that your thyroid hormone levels are off. Did you realize that it could be one symptom of hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism? I didn't know that at first. I knew the hair falling out was one symptom because it was a big one for me for awhile in the beginning. Now, it's more of a mild irritant at times while I get my dosage adjusted.

Hypothyroidism is my curse to try to figure out personally. I've not gone hyper that I'm aware of. I was lucky in that even though I was hypothyroid, my nails weren't soft and brittle but they did get a lot of ridges in them. They're definitely a lot better lately.

I think I'm long overdue for a manicure (years overdue). One of the best places I've heard of to go is to get nail care in Huntington Beach. It's a bit too far to me (like 2,200 miles too far) but after giving my four year old a mini-manicure with red, white, and blue nail polish for Veterans Day this month, I might take a second look in the budget to find some room for a little nail care pampering for me too.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP