Good Book: Salt Your Way to Health by David Brownstein, M.D.

>> 1/25/10

I finished reading Salt Your Way to Health by David Brownstein, M.D.  I am glad I bought this book because it's something I want to keep around (along with his other book, Iodine Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It).

It talks about the differences between refined and unrefined salt (refined = bad).  Throw that table salt away!  Pick up some Celtic Sea Salt.  As far as taste, it's good (and I'm a picky eater).  According to Dr. Brownstein, it's better for your health too. 

It talks about why low salt diets are actually not good for you (or your high blood pressure for most people).  Your body needs salt to live - but NOT refined salt.  The book also talks about salt and water, salt and your thyroid, and salt and the adrenal glands. Then there is a chapter on detoxification and a chapter on different uses for it (I used it for my stuffy nose/asthma problems today due to a cold and it worked great).

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP