Thyroid & Cholesterol Lab Results for June 2013

>> 7/2/13

My newest labs are:


  • Cholesterol:  158 (Yes!!  It was borderline high the last time I had it run.)  (Tri 71, HDL 44, LDL 100)
  • TSH:  Less than 0.005 (below normal but I am OK with that.  I am more concerned about my Free T3 than TSH.  I don't even know why doctors use TSH anymore.)
  • Free T3:  4.2 (normal range 2.3 - 4.2)  I like it in the high normal range. It's when I feel best.
  • T4:  4.9 (normal range 4.9 - 12.9)  I prefer my T4 in the mid-normal range but with my T3 where it is, I'm not upset at these results.



I was taking 97.5mg of Nature-throid twice a day plus I was adding 25mcg of T3 twice a day.  The T3 twice a day was too much (I was getting jittery) so I reduced it to one dose of T3 a day then had these labs drawn.

What my lab results tell me is that I can have my doctor raise my Nature-throid dose to get my T4 in the mid-normal range, which might allow me to stop taking the synthetic T3.  Yes! That would be great.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP