Thyroid Supplements

>> 8/5/09

I was at a health food store today looking at what they offered in the way of thyroid support and came across these:




Of course, I paid a lot more than the price shown here since I bought it at a health food store, but I was wondering if anybody else has heard or tried these?

Here's what the site says:

Indications
Naturally Supports Healthy Thyroid and Glandular Activity.

Ingredients
Vitamin B6: 2 mg (pyridoxine HCI), Folate: 400 mcg (folic acid), Vitamin B12: 60 mcg (methylcobalamin), Iodine: 225 mcg (Irish Moss and kelp), Zinc: 25 mg (L-Optizinc® - Zinc L-Methionine Complex), Selenium: 50 mcg (l-selenomethionine and Yeast Free), Copper: 1 mg (copper amino acid chelate), L-Tyrosine: 1 g (free- form), Irish Moss: 200 mg (Chondius Crispus) (Thallus), Guggul: 75 mg Standardized Extract (Commiphora mukul) (Resinous Sap) - min. 10% Guggulsterones, Kelp: 60 mg Whole Plant

Directions
As a dietary supplement, take two vegetarian capsules two times daily, on an empty stomach or just before meals.


I haven't tried them yet. I'm wondering if I should run it by my endocrinologist first (who basically doesn't believe in any other thyroid treatment but synthetic and was talking about taking out my thyroid before he'd even examined me for the first time). Doesn't sound like I want to run it by him, huh? Maybe take a half or a quarter of a dose to start and see how I feel.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP