Ferritin Cause Anxiety?

>> 9/23/10

My stepdaughter's ferritin is on the low end of the "normal" range and she's experiencing anxiety, etc.  Her mother doesn't believe her ferritin could be causing any symptoms so she put her on Prozac instead.  That was really sad.  Would it have hurt to give her iron for a few months to see how it may have helped before drugging her? 

Some of her other levels show other problems as well being in the very low of the "normal" range and some actually off - bilirubin, sodium, chloride, etc.  Bilirubin in liver, right?  I don't know what it means.  I guess I shouldn't be stressing myself too much because it's not like my opinion means anything but I KNOW what low ferritin can do (I struggle with it myself) and it's sad that Prozac was given instead first.  Giving Prozac to a teenager for something that an Iron pill might help? Wrong in my opinion.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP