Self-Treating Thyroid Disease

>> 9/18/10

I've decided after putting weight back on, losing hair again, etc. (input a host of other hypothyroidism symptoms here), that I am going to self-treat again with the thyroid medication I used to take from Thailand.  When I self-treated, I lost 18 pounds and felt more like myself.  When I went back under a doctor's care, I've been getting worse again.  I'm tired of not being 100% for myself and my family!

I have so much to do as a mom to four kids - homework, cheerleading, soccer, meals, etc.  I don't have time to feel bad!  My kids have school pictures in two days and I haven't even picked out what they're going to wear yet.  I don't feel like doing anything - not even laundry! 

I also need to go gift shopping.  I am thinking about personalized footballs while my husband is thinking about go-carts.  As a neurotic mom, I tend to shy away from anything that may put one of my kids in the emergency room.  As dad, he's supposed to counteract my neurotic behavior and we find a middle ground (usually).  Either way, I just want to meet birthdays, holidays, and school events with energy (and about 18 pounds less of me).

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP