Finished "Feeling Fat, Fuzzy, or Frazzled?" Today

>> 10/5/09

I finished "Feeling Fat, Fuzzy, or Frazzled?" this morning. One sentence in the book described how I've felt for the last eight years: "You began to feel less whole, not quite right, lost in a haze, a mere shadow of your former self."

I took a few notes from it that I want to look more into, such as:


  • 500 mg Taurine with morning vitamin
  • Digestive enzymes
  • Ashwagandha
  • Rosemary
  • Padma Basic (Tibetan formula)
  • Ten Mushroom formula
  • Look into saliva tests for cortisol.
  • Licorice for adrenal; IsoCort.

The book discussed a topic that I am seeing in a lot of different thyroid books: fluoride. The more I read, the more I begin to wonder why the hell it is in a lot of people's drinking water! Did you know that, according to this book, what they add to the water to artificially fluoridate public waters is "hydrofluosilicic acid, an industrial waste product of the fertilzer and aluminum industries." Huh...doesn't that make you want to go turn on your tap and drink a nice, cool drink of water now? The book also says that less than 5% of the world's population drinks artificially fluoridated water (in Europe, that number is 2%).



What countries have BANNED FLUORIDE? Japan, Denmark, Sweden, India and Holland.



To read more about fluoride, go to the Fluoride Action Network and Keepers of the Well.



The book had questionnaires for a self-evaluation. My total thyroid score was 55. My adrenal score was 48. My Women's Sex Gland evaluation score was 37. This was to determine what type of "endo type" I was. I had the most points for thyroid so that makes my primary type a "physical endo-type" or "feeling fat." Given that my adrenal score was so close to the other, it bears looking into as well. For adrenal, it is an "emotional endo-type" or "frazzled." Sex-hormone evaluation is said to be a "mental endo-type" aka "fuzzy thinking." I feel all of the above so I guess it's no surprise that each category had so many points for me.



Another web site to look into: Canary Club. It's a support web site about hormonal imbalance.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP