Don't forget your thyroid during pregnancy

>> 6/5/10

If you are pregnant and have thyroid disease, don't forget to let the doctor managing your thyroid know.  You'll probably need thyroid blood tests to check hormone levels a few time during the pregnancy along with good prenatal vitamins and care.

I had a hard time conceiving after being diagnosed with thyroid disease. It took 18 months to get pregnant! My ob-gyn was scheduling fertility treatments for me when I finally got pregnant. That was a relief because with six kids, I wasn't crazy about the risk of multiple babies with fertility treatments. 

Thyroid hormone levels can fluctuate with pregnancy so don't forget to ask for blood tests during your pregnancy for your thyroid!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP