Are you being proactive about your health?

>> 4/15/10

When I first got thyroid disease, I thought it held the great possibility of putting me into a coma (myxedema). I started out scared of the disease. Was I going to need high risk life insurance to take care of my children if cancer got me? I lost hair, lost energy, gained weight, developed aches and pains, had devastating periods, worried about thyroid cancer in the many nodules on my thyroid and watched my cholesterol start to climb. Then I got angry – at the disease but more so at my doctors who wouldn’t listen.

I can not stress enough that you can not just let your doctor treat you without your being proactive about your own health. If you feel something is wrong, find a new doctor if your current doctor won’t listen. If your research finds information your doctor won’t even consider (and there is plenty of it, believe me) and you’re not happy with their reason why, find another doctor. It’s your health. They don’t need YOU as a patient but YOU need a good doctor!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP