Thyroid Doctor Visit Update

>> 4/5/10

I think my doctor appointment went ok on Friday.  He spent a lot of time with me going over each individual blood test I had done and writing down what I needed to do to fix that particular result. 

I thought he was going to put me on straight T3 to rid my body of the reverse T3 problem it has but he thinks that the reverse T3 problem was caused by my Synthroid medication (synthetic T4 thyroid medication) and since I stopped taking that a couple weeks ago and only take a natural thyroid medication, he thinks the abnormal reverse T3 results will go away on their own.

If he's right, then it went great.  If he's wrong, then I'll know it over the next couple weeks. 

He also increased my dose of Vitamin D, told me to add Selenium supplements, go back to iron supplements regularly and go back on the Iodine supplements (I'd stopped them when I got jittery on all the extra thyroid medications).  I get more blood work in two months. 

I am on two grains of natural thyroid medication currently.  If my system slows down, it will be raised.  He thinks with my thyroid disease and all the toxins we take in that I might need to go to three grains. 

My morning cortisol levels were low normal but he isn't going to do anything about that right now because I am not lacking energy in the morning. I usually wake up with energy and happy.  If I didn't have any energy in the morning, he'd address that.  I also never lacked for energy on our vacation and we ran from place to place constantly.

As I was sitting in his office waiting for him, I noticed that they actually offer prescription refills for basic medications right there in the office (like for respiratory infections and bladder infections).  That would be really convenient for a doctor to have their own POS systems in-office to scan and buy what we need in one trip.  Maybe eventually they'll offer grains of natural thyroid medication as well!  That would be super convenient.

So, I think it was a good visit. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP